YUM!

I am currently enjoying one of my favorite summer snacks:  frozen grapes.  YUM!  Of course, my ultimate treat in the summer (or any time of year) is a good bowl of ice cream, and I am trying to find ways to make it healthier without compromising on taste.  Since I don't want to deprive myself of this creamy goodness, I have been doing some experimenting.  I found a recipe on Organic Valley's website for Cinnamon Apple Ice Cream which I modified slightly to contain less sugar but still have great taste.  Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.organicvalley.coop/recipes/show/cinnamon-apple-ice-cream/.  Instead of sweetened applesauce, I used unsweetened and instead of French Vanilla half and half I used regular.  To make up for some of the sweetness that was lost with these changes, I added some stevia, an all natural no-calorie sweetener.  After it was done, I portioned it out to keep myself from overeating.  With an ice cream maker, it is easy to make a great summer treat just a little bit healthier.