Guilt-Free Chocolate!

Last night I did some concocting.  One of my favorite websites, chocolatecoveredkatie.com, had a recipe for Candyland Peppermint Bark.  It sounded so festively delicious that I had to try to make it, even though it was 10:00 pm.  However, it didn't work out as planned* and I spilled half of the ingredients on the floor, so my creative juices started to flow.  I ended up combining two of Katie's recipes:  the Peppermint Bark and the 3-ingredient Chocolate Bar.  It turned out to be something like a peppermint Mounds bar, and it even got the approval of my husband.  Coconut + Cocoa + Peppermint = Cocomint!

For my Christmas Cocomint Chocolates, here is what I did (see Katie's recipes for amounts, since I don't know how much of mine spilled on the floor):

Mix Together: shredded coconut, peppermint extract, and stevia; set aside.
Mix Together: melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and unsweetened cocoa
Combine all ingredients together, pour into mold, and freeze.

*Where my creation differed from Katie's was in the fact that I did not have coconut butter.  Therefore mine were not smooth like hers, but more flaky from the coconut shreds.

A note: just because these tasty little morsels are guilt-free, doesn't mean you can eat them all at once.  To me, guilt-free does not equal low-calorie, it implies that there is nutritional value to them.  Happy Kailo Christmas!