A "Simple" Beauty Regimen

Less stuff=less stress.  Less ingredients=more nutrients.  Less products=less chemicals.  Ok so these all aren't exactly perfect equations, but generally speaking they are rules that I am trying to live by and I am challenging you to as well.  As a women, I can easily gain an assortment of products and potions in my cosmetic and toiletry collection.  That's normal, right?  However, I found that I was rarely using most of the products and that a bunch of them were out of date, anyway.  It was time to simplify.

Not only did I want to de-clutter my cosmetic cabinet and keep only what I used, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't secretly applying tons of chemicals to my skin and body.  Since the skin is the biggest organ of the body, why wasn't I caring about what I put on it?  I realized how some chemicals could be damaging to my body when I was told not to use certain things when pregnant.  Then, after having Noah, I realized that he was constantly in contact with my skin, and his hands were constantly in his mouth.  It made me think about what I was exposing him to, not to mention what I was exposing myself to.

A few years ago, I came across a great website with a database measuring the safety of cosmetics.  The Environmental Working Group's Cosmetics Database has been a great resource for me.  Check it out!  Here are some tips when looking at the safety of your products:


Happy Simplifying!