The Challenge

In September, he is due to be a father.  His name is Pete Frates and he is the one who started this whole challenge.  I accepted the challenge because I don't like to back down from a challenge, but I didn't want it to be all about me pouring ice on my head.  I wanted it to be about people like Pete who have ALS.  I am sure you all know about the Ice Bucket Challenge by know, but here is the story behind the challenge that makes me proud to have donated to ALSA.org:

Watch Pete's Story.
Lou Gehrig's Disease is a diagnosis that none of us want to hear, but it can happen to anyone.  My challenge to you?  Pray for Pete and his family as they prepare to welcome a child.  And be thankful for your health, my friends.  

Yes, I did pour a bucket of ice water over my head,
because 2 seconds of discomfort is nothing compared to struggling with a terminal disease.