Why do you wake up in the morning?

People in blue zones have a purpose, a reason to wake up in the morning.  In the Okinawa blue zone, it is called "ikigai" and in the Nicoya blue zone it is called "plan de vida".  Dan Buettner, author of "The Blue Zones", says that having a purpose can help extend one's life up to 7 years!  Here are his tips:

My tip:
I just finished reading this in the book of Isaiah (verse 8), "All people are like grass....The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."  This is a reminder to me to find purpose in the things that are lasting.  I find purpose in being able to bring glory to God through my passions and gifts.  I find purpose in growing a family that will worship God, even when the rest of the world is worshiping other things.  Pour your heart, time, and energy into lasting and worthwhile things!

Other blue zone posts: