The Healthy Woman: Part 1

One of the things that I am self-conscious about is my arms.  Then I started to think about it a little bit.  These arms pick up my crying baby when he needs to be loved.  These arms have helped a blind, elderly woman get where she needs to go.  These arms cook meals and clean a house so my family can thrive.  These arms have a purpose.

 This is the first part in a series of 5 where I will dissect a passage that gives women something to strive for.  To my surprise, there is actually a quote about arms in this passage.  The first quote that I will use from Proverbs 31 says the following:
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  
(P 31:17 NIV) 
I found it interesting that a passage in the Bible actually talks about a woman's strength.  We were created to work diligently and be strong.  This is clearly talking about a physical strength, and not solely an inner strength.  So what does this mean for our lives?  We should care about if our bodies are strong or not.  Why?  Not because having strong arms might look sexy, but because it affects how well and for how long we are able to carry out our daily tasks.  Our bodies have a purpose, and being strong helps us carry out our purpose.